Bralirwa Plc unveils its new soft drinks plant


Kigali, 25th June 2014, Bralirwa Plc has today officially inaugurated its new soft drinks line, a state of the art automated line and its supporting utilities(water purification, CO2, power generation, waste water treatment). This new bottling line represents a very significant advance in automated beverage manufacturing in Rwanda.

The total investment amounts to approximately Euro 25 million; this investment reflects a confidence in Rwanda as a country and as a growing emerging consumer market.

The investment benefited Rwandan companies through civil engineering activities and job creation. In addition, Bralirwa’s production staffs have been trained in the use of modern equipment and technology.

This brand new plant became operational in January 2014; thanks to the most careful thought and planning by highly qualified technicians and professionals both in Rwanda and in Europe.

In additional to its beer production, Bralirwa Plc has been producing Soft drinks under the Coca-Cola Company license since 1974. Bralirwa Plc has through the years offered to the public a variety of products such as Coca-Cola, Fanta Orange, Fanta Citron, Sprite, Krest Tonic, Vital’o  and the last born in 2010 Fanta Fiesta.

“It’s with pleasure that we unveil officially today this investment which will allow us to improve our capacity to meet the growing demand and satisfy our consumers with high quality products. It is really great that Heineken NV has  invested in this modern, state of the art facility here in Kigali. It is of course our hope that this will act to encourage other manufacturers to invest here in Rwanda.” said Mr. Jonathan HALL, Bralirwa Managing Director.

Norah Odwesso, the Public Affairs and Communications Director for Coca-Cola Central, East and West Africa also attended the event.  Speaking at the function, Odwesso thanked the Government of Rwanda for recognizing Coca-Cola and Bralirwa as major investors to support the country’s long term growth strategy – Vision 2020.

“Rwanda is a strategic market for our business and we have a long term view of our operations in the country.  As one of Africa’s key investors, we are deeply committed to the continent’s development. Our belief in Africa is based on the continent’s strong entrepreneurial spirit, as well as demographics, which bear very well for growth,” she said.

------ END ------

Press Inquiries:

Freddy Nyangezi
Corporate Affairs Manager
Bralirwa Plc.
P.O. Box 131, Kigali, RWANDA
mobile:  +250 788302304
e-mail:  This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Editorial Information:

Bralirwa Plc is a Rwandan company producing and selling beers and soft drinks. The Company’s beer brand portfolio includes Primus, Mützig, Amstel and Turbo King produced in the Gisenyi brewery and Heineken which is imported from Holland. Primus, the Company’s largest selling beer brand has been available to consumers since 1959.  Since 1974, the Company has been producing and selling soft drink brands under a licensing agreement with The Coca-Cola Company. These include Coca Cola, Fanta Orange, Fanta Citron, Fanta Fiesta, Sprite, Krest Tonic and the Company’s own brand Vital’ O.

The Company was founded in 1957 with the construction of a brewery located in Gisenyi. Since 1971, Bralirwa Plc is a subsidiary of the Heineken Group, which holds 75% of the shares of BRALIRWA with the remaining 25% listed on the Rwanda Stock Exchange.

As a socially responsible company Bralirwa Plc supports a variety of projects from Education to Health and Environment.


Bralirwa Plc Full Year 2019 results  -Investor Conference Call

Tuesday, 31 March 2020 @ 15:00
Read more

Investor conference call on 2019 HY results

Wednesday 21st August at 3:00pm CET
Read more

Invitation to the 9th Annual General Meeting of shareholders

on 22nd May, 2019 at 2:30 pm at Radisson Blu Hotel, Kigali.
Read more

Bralirwa Full Year 2018 Conference Call

Friday 3rd May 2019 at 3:00PM CET
Read more

Bralirwa HY 2018 Conference Call

29 August 2018 at 14:30

Read more

Contact Us

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Tel: +250 252 587200 / 582993